2021 VIRTUAL ROUNDTABLES
Virtual Roundtables are opportunities for community leadership professionals
to explore best practices.
Led by various community leadership professionals from across the State of Indiana,
these sessions will provide you with the tools and tips you need to increase your impact!
“Putting the Fun in Virtual Fundraising”
Tuesday, May 20th, 10:00 – 11:00 AM, via Zoom
Being able to raise money is a critical skill for nonprofit staff members, but it can be challenging. Throw in a pandemic and fundraising can come to a halt. We will explain some ways that you can do virtual fundraising and still have FUN while doing it.
Leadership Johnson County (LJC) pivoted our annual fundraiser that is typically an in-person event for 400 people with a four-course meal, adult beverages, and silent and live auctions. This year we offered a virtual mixology event with a charcuterie board meal and supplies for three drinks that were delivered straight to the homes of our guests.
LJC also held several other smaller fundraising events virtually that we can share information about as well.
Topics that will be covered include:
- See examples of virtual fundraising events
- Learn how to recruit sponsors for virtual events
- Hear how to highlight sponsors when your event is virtual
- Learn the good, the bad, and the ugly of virtual fundraising events
- Hear ways to help identify strengths of staff during fundraisers
Tandy L. Shuck is the Executive Director at Leadership Johnson County and has over 20 years of experience in training, leadership development, and fundraising. Tandy is certified in the Myers Briggs Type Indicator and loves to help leaders learn more about themselves and discover how to create more successful work teams. Tandy earned her BA in Psychology from Hanover College and her MA in Clinical Psychology from Connecticut College. Tandy is an active volunteer in her community and has served on the Franklin Chamber of Commerce Board, the Center Grove Education Foundation Board, and the Aspire Johnson County Business Advocacy Council just to name a few.
Lisa Kress is the Signature Programs Director at Leadership Johnson County. Lisa earned her Bachelors of Science in Psychology from IUPUI and MBA at Indiana Wesleyan University and has a background in social work and team management. Lisa also has experience in multiple years of coaching club and middle school level swimming. Lisa enjoys encouraging participants to get out of their comfort zones and look at things in different ways to solve problems and find answers.
- How To Facilitate Community Conversations, Wednesday, January 27th facilitated by Susan Rozzi (Leadership Hendricks County)
- Best Practices in Virtual Program Development, Tuesday, February 16th by Eilis Wasserman and Tisha Gierhart (Shafer Leadership Academy)
- Restorative Resilience: A look into the practice of self-awareness and self care for leaders, Wednesday, March 17th facilitated by Anne Darku (Leadership Southern Indiana)
- How To Be a Super Connector – Make Meaningful Business Connections Beyond Networking, Tuesday, April 13th, 2:00 – 3:30 PM, via Zoom facilitated by Barry Shrock (Greater Ft. Wayne, Inc)